Category: General News
Carbon Monoxide Poisoning
SPOKANE, Wash. (AP) — A technician and two homeowners were taken to a Spokane hospital after suffering apparent carbon monoxide poisoning. Firefighters responded yesterday afternoon to a home in the Spokane suburb of Mead where a technician working on a gas-fired water heater was found unconscious. KXLY-TV reports that the first firefighter put on his oxygen mask before entering the home and found extremely high carbon monoxide readings. Carbon monoxide can cause sudden illness and even death.