1. Skip to navigation
  2. Skip to content
  3. Skip to sidebar

News

< OKLAHOMA-SACRED ARROW PLATE
Jan 15, 2014 09:51
Category: Religious News

CHURCH FIRE-NEBRASKA

SYRACUSE, Neb. (AP) — Officials say a flaw in a Nebraska church's electrical system caused the fire that destroyed the century-old church this month.

Syracuse Fire Chief Bruce Neemann told the Lincoln Journal Star that investigators determined that an electrical failure in the attic of the Syracuse United Methodist Church caused the Jan. 5 fire.

The church in the town of less than 2,000 people 25 miles southeast of Lincoln is a total loss.

On Sunday, about 120 people met for worship in a local coffee house. The church plans to meet at the United Methodist Church in Unadilla for the next three weeks.

The Rev. Gary Ganger says his congregation is in good spirits. The church is planning to rent a downtown storefront to use as a temporary location for at least the next year.