1. Skip to navigation
  2. Skip to content
  3. Skip to sidebar


Displaying results 61 to 75 out of 573

< Hostages Escape Terrorists
Jan 17, 2013 12:37
Category: Announcer Blog

Unexpected Surprises

It all started on Christmas day. A dull ache directly under my right ribs. At first I was sure I had over indulged at Christmas dinner. Then as it got worse, I realized it might be something else. Sleep eluded me that night. Good thing, because it made sure I was first in line for urgent care the next morning.

After seeing the doctor, she thought it could be a gallbladder stone. One ultrasound later, we discovered it was two fairly large kidney stones. Ouch! No wonder I was in such pain. Then I waited for a CT scan. Later I waited even longer to see the urologist. I ended up spending the entire day at urgent care. I didn't leave until they closed their doors at 6pm.

That same night I ended up at the ER. Even with my new medications to help the stones come out, I was still sure I wasn't going to survive. Of course I did. I just had to take the rest of the week off of work.

Fast forward 23 days, and still my two kidney stones were stuck. I started having extreme pain right after I got home from work yesterday. The pain was so bad, I called my husband Matt saying "Come home please, I'm sure I'm dying." Of course I wasn't, but it was terrible.

Two hours later I was admitted to the hospital for laser kidney stone removal. This is where I was so surprised at how God orchestrated everything. He surprised me by the people he sent to take care of me.

As I arrived, I was admitted quickly by the same person who remembered me from my last ER visit the day after Christmas. I got wheeled down to Obstetrics. I wasn't sure why I was on the OB ward, but apparently they were having a slow night, and most of the other floors were very busy. Since I delivered both of my girls at this hospital, the OB nurses know me quite well. I was treated like a queen and a long lost girlfriend. We laughed and chatted, all while I was getting prepped for surgery. It made what is normally a very nerve wracking time for me quite pleasant.

When the anesthesiologist came in, he remembered me from my last surgery. I found that quite odd since it was nearly 3 years ago, and he's seen thousands of patients since then. We chatted and laughed. He asked about my girls all while getting the necessary pre-surgery information.

Right as I was being wheeled from my hospital room to surgery, the two nurses who had been getting me prepped for surgery asked if they could pray with me. They each took one of my hands, and prayed over me. At that very moment I felt my anxiety leave me. I stopped shaking, my breathing slowed down, and I felt God's presence with me. 

It wasn't until after I was out of surgery 1 hour later that I found out I didn't need to spend the night in the hospital. I was able to go home the same night. By 9:30 I was back in my own house and feeling amazing. I felt so good, I started a load of laundry, picked up my bedroom, and unpacked my hastily packed hospital bag.

I checked my smart phone and realized that my husband had called some friends to pray for me while I was in surgery, and I had lots of encouragement waiting for me.

When I woke up this morning, I knew I had to come to work today. I feel fantastic. I haven't felt this good in weeks. A good surgeon and modern medicine left me without a single incision, so I don't feel guilty at all about being here. I was told as soon as I can take Motrin and skip the narcotics, I can be back at work. So here I am.

Thanking God for his blessing, and placing the right people in my life at the right time. Yesterday evening could've been terrifying for me, but it wasn't. Thank you Lord!